mainnav_head
title_homepage
clippings
Great work guys!
Looks like I'm one of the first visitors to joing the forum! Glad to be here. You guys have done an outstanding job on the forum. It matches your site theme perfectly. Did you code it from scratch or modify a 3rd party script? Just curious. This is slick!

Darren Hester
www.pixelperfectdigital.com
Great work guys!
Quote:
Looks like I am one of the first visitors to joing the forum! Glad to be here. You guys have done an outstanding job on the forum. It matches your site theme perfectly. Did you code it from scratch or modify a 3rd party script? Just curious. This is slick!

Darren Hester
www.pixelperfectdigital.com

Tristan (Administrator)
RE: Great work guys!
Hey Thanks! yes you are the first visitor Smile the forum went up last sunday evening after about a week of coding and designing. There are a few glitches yet to be solved, but thats to be expected.
Agreed and done in true image*after style- looks fantastic. I think this is a very good idea to restart the community around your collection. I remember the old forum days and the place was jumping.
Stefan (Administrator)
Hey man, great to see you back!
Yeah, were hoping on reviving the days Smile
How are things on your side of the internet nowadays?
Great- Did you see messagehop. You guys should levarge your collection to do ecards. Since you have the assets already, just a matter of implementing some simple ecard scripts. Its low maintenance and an added viral component. I went and even used a different domain.

I chat with mike @ openphoto.net via IM all the time. Hes doing some really interesting things too. If you guys are ever in Philly or NYC we should all have a mini conference.
Tristan (Administrator)
brilliant!
To use a seperate domain is a very good idea, this way you do not need to clutter your main site. I really like the way you designed this application. Very simpel and user friendly. We always dismissed ecards since it would confuse the site main purpose but usining another domain is a simpel solution.

btw we really need more folks on this forum, any good ideas to promote it?
mini-conference

Seriously, we gottta do a mini conference in nyc, philly or amsterdam.

Peace,

_Michael.
openphoto.net
No I wish I did. If I had to guess I think like most of these types of things, it takes time and refering links.

One thing I found useful is Tony Boyd's phpbb blog. This may or may not be phpbb forum but it seemed to be a very good idea to update blog content that also acted as forum threads which can start converstation topics. Also it limited comment spam for a blog and utilizes RSS. The down side is thats its one more thing to update and its not the easiest thing to code.
Tristan (Administrator)
re:mini-conference
mini-conference sounds like a plan but it's quite expensive Frown I love to visit Philly or NYC but i am afraid it won't happen for me this year anyways.

phpbb blog looks like a cool feature, I'll have to look into it. This is may look like a phpbb forum since we were planning to use it when i did the designs. Then we decided to build a new forum from scratch because it's easier to add new features into your own code. So if this feature is useful now or in the future we could quite easily add it. thanx for the idea!
Stefan (Administrator)
Amsterdam sounds pretty do-able to me though Tongue
Amsterdam sounds good to me too. I love amsterdam. If not this year next year. I am sure a bunch of people would be interested.
say, where is image*after stationed?

if you guys ever do something in california I love to attend Wink
Tristan (Administrator)
Imageafter is stationed in the netherlands.
I come from a city called Alkmaar and so does Lex. Stefan lives in Haarlem not to far from Almaar. Quite a few kilometer from California i am afraid Wink
wow. that is definately a long walk/swim. Smile
man, i need to get out more.

eh- california sucks anyway. :-D
looks like a trip is in my future
I would invite you all to Chicago. Central location for some of us.... Studio2a might even be willing to help sponsor such an event. Or Amsterdam.
Stefan (Administrator)
Sponsoring.. hm.. sounds good!
It would cost us about 615 euros p.p. to even get there.
How much would Studio2a be prepared to sponsor? And what do they want in return?
Tristan (Administrator)
I think most important bit would be what we would like to discuss. Although i am sure that something good will come of a meeting between like-minded people regardless of a fixed meeting plan. But a general idea would help .
$615 EUR isn't bad for middle of summer. It is only $1700 USD for us to get to Amsterdam. I know sometimes in Jan or Feb tix get down to around $300 USD.

What would any of us get? We could build exposure for the site - give you valuable feedback, and help plan for the future. This could also include how to get more online traffic though partner sites like we kind of started with our site Cadmonkey.com.

With your expertise you could run workshops in digital photography or even web design and programming. If you do this during the school year – you could charge workshop participants a fee and not only collect 100s of images, but possibly pay for your trip, the conference, and maybe more.

What would Studio2a want? Donno. Depends on our level of involvement.

PS – how did this page get indexed on Google less than 1 week after my post here?
Lex (Administrator)
adamk - about the indexing: Google is usually very fast, but this site's also got a high pageranking (you can lookup pageranking for sites at http://www.seochat.com/seo-tools/pagerank-lookup/) so that means we get spidered a lot and updates show up more quickly.

It sounds very promising, especially if we get more participants onboard. The US sounds the most logical place since most of the sites involved originate there. Would love to hear what you guys at Morguefile, Openphoto and Pixelperfectdigital think about it.
dreamstime.com
mainnav_head
Terms of Use. Contact us. Free images and Free textures AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Suggestions?