mainnav_head
title_homepage
clippings
Lex (Administrator)
Pixelmator: affordable Photoshop alternative for OSX
Pixelmator is an image manipulation programme for OSX. It's not the powerhouse that Photoshop is, but it still packs an awfully large number of features for only $59 / 40 EUR.

The layout is very similar to Photoshop / The GIMP and it supports practically all the file formats you can throw at it. It is specifically optimized for OSX, so you can script it with Automator and integrates nicely with iPhoto.
pixelmator.jpg
Tristan (Administrator)
RE: Pixelmator: affordable Photoshop alternative for OSX
How does in handle? i mean could a photoshopper feel at home in it? My attempts to move to another graphics suite always fail when i realize how much I am used to the shortcuts of photoshop. its a silly thing when you think about it but it completely cripples my shopping experience.

When Adobe decides to lower its prices and not cut any features in the attempt i would be sooo glad to buy a few copies for my home use.
Lex (Administrator)
RE: Pixelmator: affordable Photoshop alternative for OSX
It handles suprisingly well. Of course the layout's (a bit) different than Photoshop and the options aren't as extensive, but I felt more at home on it than I usually do with The Gimp. The only things I miss are all the "export for web" options PS provides.

Since you're a poweruser I don't know if I would recommend it to you, but for someone like me who basically only designs websites it more than suits the job.
dreamstime.com
mainnav_head
Terms of Use. Contact us. Free images and Free textures AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Suggestions?