mainnav_head
title_homepage
clippings
Tristan (Administrator)
Legal worries about ia?
some people have concerns about our tems. Jinny Brown On painter magazines forum for example expressed these concerns lately. I've posted an reply and asked to get involved in creating the perfect tems and disclaimer for imageafter. Please read the thread and help us improve!

http://paintermagazine.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2591#2591

Tristan (Administrator)
RE: Legal worries about ia?
Heya Mario,

Good ideas! it is a tricky subject but an important one. We want some way that users of the images can be sure it is save to use the images but we also do not want to make it too complicated for the contributors at the same time. What you see in terms on similar sites is that the contributor always stays responsible for their images even if they give up their copyrights. So then keeping records of the contributor is important. Also a way to contact the photographer should be included. Problem is you can never be sure if an photo is from the person contributing it. Or instead of letting everybody contribute we could only work with a select group of photographers. But then the collection would not grow as fast Frown decisions, decisions. Glad you are helping to come up with solutions!
Tristan (Administrator)
An model release will be necessary in the future anyways because i would love to have more photos of people here. But a similar concept would of course also help for the other photos. An separate group of dodgy photos is not a good idea i think, makes it confusing. We do now have such an solution at http://gpl.imageafter.com it shows only photos Stefan, Lex and myself made. But this was done because otherwise they could not be used in an gpl project. The GPL needs stricter terms then we would want ultimately.

We also played with the idea that to verify people we would send them an snailmail with a code that they could enter on the site. That way we at least have their real address and that would hopefully scare off people with bad intentions. What do you think about that? It could scare people away but it would be a bit more secure legally...
Tristan (Administrator)
Yup The terms is something that needs to be straightened out by a professional. It is a bit costly, especially because stockphotos are such an specific subject and since it needs to hold up internationally as well. Btw just received your dvd! will have a look tonight!

Tristan (Administrator)
That sounds like you have done this kind of stuff before Mario Smile Thanks
Tristan (Administrator)
Nah don't sweat it, i understood what you meant. Besides we are from der Niederlande so we have about the same language distortion so we understand it perfectly Very Happy
Tristan (Administrator)
nethergerman! Ha! you mean you mean you need to start talking proper and stop speaking east dutch Tongue
Tristan (Administrator)
For starters we could place it in the upload letter we sent to contributors. And something along those lines when we sort out the terms by professionals. I'll add it in my agenda for tomorrow to include it. Thanks
Tristan (Administrator)
I've added a section to the terms for contributors: http://www.imageafter.com/terms.php This way people who want to use images from the site can also see what contributors need to agree with.

What do you think?
dreamstime.com
mainnav_head
Terms of Use. Contact us. Free images and Free textures AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Suggestions?